I spent 2 hours at Barnes and Nobel tonight after work looking at art and sewing books. One was about embroidering with red thread, 2 others were about how to organize your art/sewing room and a couple others were about journaling/exploring art. Yet another one was about sewing items for your home (which had lovely pictures but was mostly ideas I'd seen before only repackaged). I did end up breaking down and bought one of those exploring art books. It seemed chock full of stories from artists who were giving life experience tips on how to make time to create. Thus the title: Creative Time and Space: Making Room for Making Art. I can think of at least 4 people I could pass this on to read it, and one of those is my art major sister who has a birthday coming up in November. (Good thing she wouldn't read this, huh?)
So I'm gonna go start reading it now before I hit the hay. But first I'm going to record my meals today. I've never had a food journal before, but I thought now would be a good way to help kick start and encourage me in keeping to a mostly "real food diet" if I can visually see all the good things I ate and all the bad. I don't foresee myself totally cutting out sugar or white flour (I got my Nourishing Traditions book today through Interlibrary loan), as one could see from this list, but a body has to start somewhere!
| Because I feel the need to add some cheery color to this post! |
Lunch/Supper: Small glass container of "taco noodles and cheese (ground beef, tomato sauce, cheese and noodles), lettuce salad with Dorthy Lynch and one carrot (discovered they'd frozen in the fridge and thawed. . .gross) and a small chunk of sponge cake with yogurt and blueberries. Water.
Evening break: Snicker bar
After work: Medium Starbucks Carmel frappe from B&N
No comments:
Post a Comment