This past week was my first exploration into whole food cooking. I started off with what almost one could could call "extreme" to this refined sugar, grain eating, animal eating and milk loving girl. But take a look at what I made!
The idea is to cook with only real foods. No processed foods. Which is more true to form with what I grew up eating on the farm. But this full time working girl, and grad student (albiet taking a break from classes this summer. . .hence the energy and desire to eat better and to experiment with cooking) has been not so good this past year and a half in making healthy eating choices.
But enough of that. There's time for wallowing in that in another post. Instead I am anxious to share with you what is in this delectible looking concoction. Because really, pudding can't be pudding with out eggs and milk right? Ok, everybody, you do know that's how you make homemade pudding right? Which is a thousand times better than that box stuff.
Mmm. . . homemade pudding. With milk. This version can not replace "real" pudding. But this version is defintely something I would make again. Cuz once you get past that first initial surprise of banana.. .it is really quite tasty!
And now I will get around to actually listing the ingredients: 1 banana, 1 avacado (! yes I know really I wouldn't never have guessed it either!), cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, and some coconut milk. Blend, chill and enjoy.
I found this on another foodie website about real foods and I couldn't resist trying it because I couldn't believe I actually had all the ingredients in my kitchen all at once. Avacados don't have much of a counter life once I bring one home from the store and coconut milk certainly would not have been a staple in my cupboards a year ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment