Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving and quilt block update

For Thanksgiving I brought this platter of goodies:




To the left are homemade wheat thin crackers. To the right are sugar cookies.  I used my mini fall themed cookie cutters.  There are 3 versions of leaves, an acorn, pumpkin and apple shapes.  These are way too fun and I felt very "Martha Stewart" cutting these out and arranging them on the plate.  The filling is actually cooked pumpkin pie filling!

And here's an update on the quilt I'm making:
I included a sample of what the backing will look like.  According to the directions I'm supposed to use flannel.  I didn't realize that when I bought the fabric, so I will have to hold off in putting it together until I buy some batting to put between the layers.  The inspiration for this blanket came from this one yard fabric book:


Stay tuned for future updates on my mitered receiving blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment